In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Welcome to R.S. Lewis & Sons Funeral Home | Our professional and caring staff takes pride in providing high quality and affordable funeral services that meet the special needs of your family. We offer a complete range of quality services and are experienced at honoring many faiths and customs.
Thank you R.S. Lewis & Sons Funeral Home, The Smith Family sends many thanks to all who made the beautiful service and burial of my uncle , Mr. Jeff Smith, a memorable one. – With Love, The Smith Family
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes and lean on each other.
The professionals at R.S. Lewis & Sons Funeral Home have gathered a few recommended resources for your family and friends to use during this time of loss.